To calculator your macros.
- enter your current weight,
- enter your current body fat,
- select your goal (e.g. lose weight, maintenance or gain muscle),
- select your target deficit/surplus,
- use the slider to select your net carbs (e.g. 50 g for low carb or if blood glucose rises more than 30 mg/dL or 1.6 mmol/L after meals),
- use the protein slider to dial-up your protein target (we recommend 1.4 g/kg LBM as a minimum and 2.2 g/kg LBM if you are resistance training).
Enter your macros in Cronometer
- Once you have calculated your target starting macros you can enter them in Cronometer by clicking on the energy, protein, net carbs and fat bars and enter these as your daily target.
- Each week, review your progress by looking at the 7 day average under trends -> nutrition report in Cronometer to see how you are tracking against the targets.
- Unless you are managing diabetes, your balance of fat and carbs won’t matter too much if you are meeting your protein target.
- If you are not losing or gaining weight you can modify your target energy intake by 50 calories for the coming week.