This recipe, created by Matt Smith, is for anyone looking to optimise their fat burning during sleep and overall sleep quality with a higher protein % PSMF style approach.
It’s based on the PSMF Flan and the work of Joel Greene and Ben Greenfield.
- coconut water: for liquid, sweetness and some electrolytes
- gelatin: for glycine mainly, and a few other amino
- collagen: Adds more glycine, youth-promoting, hair, skin, nails
- L-Glycine: the major player in this mix; it may improve sleep quality, improves fat burning, is required to produce Glutathione, etc.
- Red Phenol Powder: Superfood for your microbiome
- Chocolate topping: cuz is chocolate. Case closed.
Most people who try this report rockstar sleep but for safety’s sake, wear blue-blocking glasses or avoid all the lights/screens. If you’re not already… you should be doing this DAILY anyway! You might need a sleep bib or a second pillowcase…. ya gonna drool. You’ll be sleeping so deep!
These ingredients make one serve. Multiply by 4 to make a larger batch.
- ½ cup coconut water
- 1 Tbsp gelatin powder
- 1 scoop (5g) collagen peptides
- 5 g glycine powder
- 1 scoop Prairie Natural red superfoods (optional)
- ¼ tsp calorie-free chocolate (or your favourite) topping
- Heat the coconut water to hot but not boiling
- Add the gelatin to the coconut water & mix in the other ingredients.
- Put in the fridge until it is jiggly but firm, you know, like Jello
- DEVOUR before bed with your favourite topping.
- SLEEP LIKE A BABY.