This recipe, created by Matt Smith, is for anyone looking to optimise their fat burning during sleep and overall sleep quality.
It’s based on the PSMF Flan and the work of Joel Greene and Ben Greenfield.
- coconut water: for liquid, sweetness and some electrolytes
- gelatin: for glycine mainly, and a few other amino
- collagen: Adds more glycine, youth-promoting, hair, skin, nails
- L-Glycine: the major player in this mix; may improve sleep quality, improves fat burning, required to produce Glutathione, etc.
- Red Phenol Powder: Superfood for your microbiome
- Chocolate topping: cuz is chocolate. Case closed.
Most people who try this report rockstar sleep but for safety sake, wear blue-blocking glasses or avoid all the lights/screen. If you’re not already… you should be doing this DAILY anyway! You might need a sleep bib or a second pillowcase…. ya gonna drool, you’ll be sleeping so deep!
One serve provides 93 calories, 19 g protein, 0.2 g fat, 3.7 g net carbs and P:E = 4.8.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
These ingredients make one serve. Multiply by 4 to make a larger batch.
- ½ cup coconut water
- 1 Tbsp gelatin powder
- 1 scoop (5g) collagen peptides
- 5 g glycine powder
- 1 scoop Prairie Natural red superfoods (optional)
- ¼ tsp calorie-free chocolate (or your favourite) topping
- Heat the coconut water to hot but not boiling
- Add the gelatin to the coconut water & mix in the other ingredients.
- Put in the fridge until it is jiggly but firm, you know, like Jello
- DEVOUR before bed with your favourite topping.
- SLEEP LIKE A BABY.
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
How Can I Calculate My Nutrient Intake?
If you’re interested in checking if you’re getting just enough dietary phosphorus, you can check your nutrient profile using our Free 7-Day Nutrient Clarity Challenge.
Level Up Your Nutrient Density
To help you level up your nutrient density, we’ve prepared a Nutritional Optimisation Starter Pack to ensure you are getting plenty of all the essential nutrients from the food you eat every day.
The free starter pack includes:
- Maximum Nutrient Density Food List
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Recipe Book
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Meal Plan.
To get started today, all you have to do is join our new Optimising Nutrition Group here.
Once you join, you will find the Nutritional Optimisation starter pack in the discovery section here.