Surf and turf
This robust surf and turf recipe is tasty and vibrant. It is super nutritious and satiating!
The beef provides zinc, selenium, potassium, phosphorus, iron, choline, B12 and B6. The spinach fills in the manganese, magnesium, vitamin K and vitamin A.
The mushrooms add copper and B5. Asparagus provides folate and B1 and the prawns add some more protein along with choline, copper and selenium,
One serve provides 350 calories, 23 g protein, 6 g fat and 24 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 100 g beef sirloin steak
- 50 g prawns
- Scant amount butter or coconut oil for frying
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 100 g tomato
- 100 g asparagus
- 30 g spinach, washed
- 30 g rocket, washed
- Salt, pepper and chilli flakes
- Season steak well with salt & pepper and sear on hot heat both sides, place on a plate to rest.
- Season prawns with salt, pepper and chilli flakes.
- Pan fry the prawns in a little unrefined coconut oil or butter with fresh crushed garlic, set aside.
- Lightly fry the mushrooms, tomato and asparagus in a little butter or coconut oil.
- Serve on a bed of spinach and rocket.
- Add salt, pepper and chilli flakes to your liking.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.