Sushi is super tasty but can be easy to overdo with the mixture of carbs (from rice) and fat (from mayo and oil). This riceless sushi provides all the nutritious elements of the sushi you love with less carbs and fat.
Tofu provides heaps of protein, omega 3, vitamin B5, choline, calcium, copper, iron, manganese, phosphorus and selenium. Avocado provides energy in the form of monounsaturated fat, along with folate and potassium while the cabbage and nori boost vitamins C and K1.
One serve provides 215 calories, 16 g protein, 15 g fat, 4 g net carbs and P:E = 1.2
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1 sheet of nori sushi seaweed
- 100 g (3.5 oz) cabbage finely shredded
- 100 g (3.5 oz) tofu, cut into strips and pan-fried
- Quarter an avocado, sliced
- Put the nori sheet down on a bamboo roller or paper towel. Spread the cabbage over the nori sheet, leaving about 3 cm of space at the top and bottom.
- Next layer the tofu and the avocado on top of the cabbage at one end of the roller.
- Roll sushi tightly using the bamboo roller or paper towel.
- Use a sharp knife to slice up the roll into 2 cm rounds.
- Serve with a dipping bowl of tamari sauce or coconut aminos, add pickled ginger, wasabi, or spicy mayo to your liking.
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
How Can I Calculate My Nutrient Intake?
If you’re interested in checking if you’re getting just enough dietary phosphorus, you can check your nutrient profile using our Free 7-Day Nutrient Clarity Challenge.
Level Up Your Nutrient Density
To help you level up your nutrient density, we’ve prepared a Nutritional Optimisation Starter Pack to ensure you are getting plenty of all the essential nutrients from the food you eat every day.
The free starter pack includes:
- Maximum Nutrient Density Food List
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Recipe Book
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Meal Plan.
To get started today, all you have to do is join our new Optimising Nutrition Group here.
Once you join, you will find the Nutritional Optimisation starter pack in the discovery section here.