This recipe is inspired by the Ketogains Pre Workout Coffee. You can use it before heading to the gym as a satiating snack to boost your protein intake. If you are trying to restrict calories then having something in your stomach when you go to the gym will relieve any hunger and help you to feel a bit more energised.
- The caffeine provides a boost of focus for the workout.
- Protein powder provides amino acids for muscle repair when your body needs them at the end of the workout.
- Creatine helps muscle growth as well as mental acuity.
- Athletes burn through sodium, so the extra salt prevents cramping and performance issues due to low electrolytes. Using Lite Salt provides some extra potassium along with the sodium.
- The MCT oil (optional) provides a burst of available energy while still keeping carbs low. No need to add MCT if your goal is weight loss and you are not about to do some strenuous activity.
One serve provides 140 calories, 30 g protein, 15 g fat, 0.5 g net carbs and P:E = 2.2.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1 shot of coffee
- 1 scoop of plain protein powder
- 1–2 g of Himalayan Salt or Lite Salt
- Hot water
- 3–5 g creatine (optional)
- 5–15 g MCT oil or MCT powder (optional)
- Optional calorie-free sweetener such as liquid stevia or glycine.
- Pour coffee shot.
- Add hot water.
- Add a scoop of protein powder and other ingredients.
- Add sweetener (optional).
- Mix thoroughly. You may need to blend to get a smooth consistency.
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
- fat loss
- blood sugar & fat loss
- high protein:energy ratio
- nutritional keto
- low carb vegetarian
- athletes & bulking
- smoothies & juices
Take your nutrition to the next level with Nutrient Optimiser and get your free food list and more recipes based on your goals. Nutrient Optimiser is designed to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level. Our recipe database contains over five hundred recipes to ensure you will get the nutrition you need to thrive. When you track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify foods that are missing macro and micronutrients in your diet.