This recipe is inspired by the Ketogains Pre Workout Coffee. You can use it before heading to the gym as a satiating snack to boost your protein intake. If you are trying to restrict calories then having something in your stomach when you go to the gym will relieve any hunger and help you to feel a bit more energised.
- The caffeine provides a boost of focus for the workout.
- Protein powder provides amino acids for muscle repair when your body needs them at the end of the workout.
- Creatine helps muscle growth as well as mental acuity.
- Athletes burn through sodium, so the extra salt prevents cramping and performance issues due to low electrolytes. Using Lite Salt provides some extra potassium along with the sodium.
- The MCT oil (optional) provides a burst of available energy while still keeping carbs low. No need to add MCT if your goal is weight loss and you are not about to do some strenuous activity.
One serve provides 140 calories, 30 g protein, 15 g fat, 0.5 g net carbs and P:E = 2.2.
- 1 shot of coffee
- 1 scoop of plain protein powder
- 1–2 g of Himalayan Salt or Lite Salt
- Hot water
- 3–5 g creatine (optional)
- 5–15 g MCT oil or MCT powder (optional)
- Optional calorie-free sweetener such as liquid stevia or glycine.
- Pour coffee shot.
- Add hot water.
- Add a scoop of protein powder and other ingredients.
- Add sweetener (optional).
- Mix thoroughly. You may need to blend to get a smooth consistency.
How Can I Calculate My Nutrient Intake?
Level Up Your Nutrient Density
The free starter pack includes:
- Maximum Nutrient Density Food List
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Recipe Book
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Meal Plan.
To get started today, all you have to do is join our new Optimising Nutrition Group here.
Once you join, you will find the Nutritional Optimisation starter pack in the discovery section here.