This recipe is inspired by the Ketogains Pre Workout Coffee. You can use it before heading to the gym as a satiating snack to boost your protein intake. If you are trying to restrict calories, then having something in your stomach when you go to the gym will relieve any hunger and help you to feel a bit more energised.
- The caffeine provides a boost of focus for the workout.
- Protein powder provides amino acids for muscle repair when your body needs them at the end of the workout.
- Creatine helps muscle growth as well as mental acuity.
- Athletes burn through sodium, so the extra salt prevents cramping and performance issues due to low electrolytes. Using Lite Salt provides some extra potassium along with the sodium.
- The MCT oil (optional) provides a burst of available energy while keeping carbs low. There is no need to add MCT if your goal is weight loss and you are not about to do some strenuous activity.
One serving provides 140 calories, 30 g protein, 15 g fat, and 0.5 g net carbs.
- 1 shot of coffee
- 1 scoop of plain protein powder
- 1–2 g of Himalayan Salt or Lite Salt
- Hot water
- 3–5 g creatine (optional)
- 5–15 g MCT oil or MCT powder (optional)
- Optional calorie-free sweeteners such as liquid stevia or glycine.
- Pour coffee shot.
- Add hot water.
- Add a scoop of protein powder and other ingredients.
- Add sweetener (optional).
- Mix thoroughly. You may need to blend to get a smooth consistency.
- Want more amazing recipes like this that focus on satiety (feeling fuller for longer with less calories/energy) and the critical nutrients you’re probably missing? Check out our NutriBooster recipe books (including free recipe samples).
- If you want to finally lose excess weight without hunger using a guided program, including personalised satiety reports, check out the Macros Masterclass.