This simple fitter recipe is both super nutritious and versatile.
The majority of the energy comes from the linseeds which also provide vitamin B1, copper, magnesium, manganese and potassium.
The spinach provides the folate and vitamins K while the carrot boosts vitamin A and C and while the zucchini lifts the potassium.
One serve provides 230 calories, 9 g protein, 16 g fat and 6 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 4 tbsp ground linseeds/flaxseeds
- 180 mL water
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 1 small carrots, grated
- 1/4 a small onion, finely diced
- 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- 80 g spinach
- 10 g sprouts (optional)
- Start by making a vegan egg. Combine the ground linseeds and water and let sit for 15 minutes minimum or overnight.
- In a bowl combine the zucchini, carrots, onion, salt, pepper and chilli.
- Add in the vegan egg and stir well.
- Heat a large fry pan on a medium heat and melt the coconut oil.
- Scoop a tablespoon of the mixture onto a bed of spinach, flattening with a spatula.
- Cook slowly until the underside is nicely golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side, about 1 – 2 minutes longer.
- Plate up the spinach and place the fritters on top serve with some sprouts if using.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.