Yakitori Chicken with Cucumber Noodles
These skewers will boost your protein for maximum satiety.
The chicken provides a solid dose of protein along with vitamins B2, B3, B5, B6 and B12, choline, copper, iron, selenium and zinc. The carrot and cucumber lift vitamin A and potassium.
For extra flavour, you could add spring onions, chilli, lime zest and juice, toasted sesame seeds to the cucumber noodles to spice this meal up.
One serve provides 540 calories, 73 g protein, 22 g fat and 6 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1 kg chicken thighs, cut into 3 cm cubes
- 1 cucumber, spiralised into noodles
- 2 carrots, grated
- 6 tbsp Tamari sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ginger, ground
- 1 tsp coriander, ground
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Make the marinade. Marinate the chicken for a minimum of one hour (or overnight for maximum flavour).
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/356°F (bake).
- Thread the chicken onto wooden skewers.
- Place the chicken in a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes, this is to ensure the chicken is cooked through, to get the nice crispy bits it is best to finish the cooking in a frying pan, BBQ or sandwich press.
- Heat a frying pan, BBQ or sandwich press to medium heat.
- Place the chicken in the press for 6 minutes, or if cooking in a frying pan or BBQ, 3 minutes a side approximately. Check the chicken is cooked through by cutting a middle piece in half. No pink should show.
- Serve with cucumber and grated carrots or preferred veggies.
- For extra flavour, you could add spring onions, chilli, lime zest and juice, toasted sesame seeds to the cucumber noodles to spice this meal up.
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
- fat loss
- maximum nutrient density
- blood sugar & fat loss
- high protein:energy ratio
- egg & dairy-free
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.