This refreshing berry smoothie would be ideal for recovery after an intense workout.
Berries are rich in vitamins and minerals, namely vitamin C, manganese, copper, and potassium. Bananas add vitamins B6 and potassium.
One serve provides 270 calories, 4 g protein, 5 g fat, 45 g net carbs and P:E = 0.5.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut or almond milk; more as needed
- 1 large frozen banana (chop before you freeze)
- 1 tsp flaxseed, whole or ground
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Put the berries, coconut milk, banana, flaxseed, honey, and vanilla in a blender.
- Begin processing on low speed and slowly increase the speed to high; blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Add coconut milk as needed to thin the smoothie enough to blend.
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
- low carb vegetarian
- egg & dairy-free
- smoothies & juices
Take your nutrition to the next level with Nutrient Optimiser and get your free food list and more recipes based on your goals. Nutrient Optimiser is designed to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
Our recipe database contains over five hundred recipes to ensure you will get the nutrition you need to thrive. When you track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify foods that are missing macro and micronutrients in your diet.