This version of the Italian inspired salad levels up the protein for maximum satiety.
The tuna provides the bulk of the energy and protein as well as plenty of niacin, B12, choline iron, phosphorus and selenium. A dollop of tahini brings a Mediterranean twist along with copper, phosphorus, calcium and iron. The spinach adds folate, potassium and vitamin K1 while the tomato boosts vitamins A and C.
One serve provides 335 calories, 52 g protein, 10 g fat and 7 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 100 g (3.5 oz) tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp capers
- 20 g (0.7 oz) spinach
- 185 g (6.5 oz) tin tuna in spring water
- A drizzle of olive oil (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- Juice of half a lemon
- Place the sliced tomato on the plate.
- Mix the tahini mayo ingredients together adding a little water to loosen if needed, dollop some on each tomato.
- Sprinkle over the capers.
- Add the tuna.
- Place spinach leaves in the centre.
- Drizzle over olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.
- maximum nutrient density
- blood sugar & fat loss
- low carb & blood sugar
- athletes & bulking
- dairy free
- egg free
- gluten free
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.