Steak & Broccoli Salad
This simple recipe brings together the best of the plant and animal-based foods to create a nutrient-dense high protein meal.
The steak provides the majority of the calories and protein along with plenty of choline, iron, phosphorus, selenium, potassium and zinc as well as vitamins B3 and B6.
The broccoli adds the vitamin C and parsley fills in the vitamins A and K1. Sunflower seeds provide a range of miners including copper, magnesium and manganese.
One serve provides 600 calories, 68 g protein, 32 g fat, 9 g of net carbs and P:E = 2.0
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 800 g rump steak
- 400 g broccoli, finely chopped
- 80 g parsley, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine salad ingredients and toss till evenly coated.
- Set aside, leaving time for the vinegar to soften the raw broccoli.
- Heat a non-stick fry pan to a medium/high heat, add in the steak, cook for 4 minutes, flip and cook a further 4 minutes, remove from pan and rest for 10 minutes.
- Use a sharp knife to slice the steak very thinly.
- Plate up and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.