Spicy Mexican bowl
The burrito bowl is a lunch staple for many due to their versatility. They are easy to make and taste amazing.
This spicy is meal ideal as a quick low carb meal, especially if you’re keeping an eye on your blood sugars.
The ground beef provides plenty of protein along with zinc, phosphorus, selenium, choline and B12 while the spinach fills in the vitamin A, K and folate.
The guacamole, sour cream and cheese provide extra energy that will keep you going all day and ensure stable blood sugars.
One serve provides 700 calories, 45 g protein, 45 g fat and 9 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 200 g spicy ground meat (see next page for recipe)
- 30 g spinach, washed
- 100 g tomato, diced
- 10 g coriander/cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 10 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp guacamole (see next page for recipe)
- Salt, pepper and chilli sauce (optional)
- Add spicy meat, spinach, tomato and grated cheese to a bowl.
- Top with guacamole, sour cream and cilantro.
- Add chilli sauce if you like it spicy.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.