This recipe may not be complicated, but it is exceptionally nutritious and delicious!
Tuna has a high protein to energy ratio to maximise satiety and is replete in vitamins A, B3, B5, B6 and B12 as and choline, magnesium and selenium. The bok choy provides vitamins A and C along with folate, calcium and potassium with only a few calories.
The shallots, ginger and garlic further fill in the nutrient profile and round out the flavour profile.
One serve provides 315 calories, 40 g protein, 12 g fat, 9 g of net carbs and P:E = 4.0.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 knob of ginger (3 cm approx.), finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- 100 g bok choy, steamed
- 150g fresh tuna
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Scant amount of olive oil for frying
- Heat a small frying pan to medium heat and add the olive oil, shallot, ginger and garlic, fry gently till crisp, add the tamari sauce and set aside.
- Spread the sesame seeds on a small plate and press the tuna on top, so the seeds stick to the tuna. Turn, so all sides have some seeds.
- Heat another frypan to medium heat and add a scant amount of olive oil for frying. Once hot, add the tuna and sear 30 seconds a side, searing all four sides. Remove from the heat and let rest for 5 minutes then slice finely.
- Plate up the steamed bok choy next to the sliced tuna and top with the crispy shallot mixture.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.
- maximum nutrient density
- fat loss
- blood sugar & fat loss
- low carb & blood sugar
- high protein:energy
- dairy free
- egg free
- gluten free
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.