Seared Tuna, Herb Salsa & Avocado
Ahi tuna is a very lean fish, so is a popular addition to an aggressive fat loss diet. However, this recipe adds some decadent avocado to provide some extra energy. It is nutrient-dense, versatile and will be perfect for keto or blood sugar management.
The tuna will give you heaps of omega 3, B3, B12, vitamin A and selenium while the avocado and greens boost the vitamin B5, folate, vitamin C, vitamin K, iron, copper and potassium. The herb salsa rounds out the flavour profile to make your taste buds sing.
One serve provides 465 calories, 28 g protein, 34 g fat and 6 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 100 g Ahi tuna
- Half an avocado, sliced
- 30 g rocket, arugula
- Salt and pepper
- 1 clove crushed garlic, 10 grams of each parsley, mint, basil finely chopped, 2 tsp olive oil, lemon juice & zest of half a lemon, 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts.
- Mix herb salsa ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Season tuna with salt and pepper.
- Heat a heavy pan and apply non-stick spray immediately before cooking.
- Sear for one minute per side (or to your liking).
- Remove to rest for five minutes.
- Serve sliced tuna on a bed of rocket and avocado.
- Drizzle with herb salsa.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.