Ahi tuna is a very lean fish and a popular addition to an aggressive fat loss diet.
Decadent avocado wedges boost energy and make this recipe extra special – nutrient-dense, versatile, and perfect for keto or blood sugar management.
The tuna is swimming in omega 3, B3, B12, vitamin A, and selenium, while the avocado and greens boost vitamin B5, folate, vitamin C, vitamin K, iron, copper, and potassium.
Herb salsa rounds out the flavour profile to make your taste buds sing.
One serve provides 465 calories, 28 g protein, 34 g fat, 6 g of net carbs and P:E = 0.7.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- A scant amount of preferred fat
- 100 g (7 oz) Ahi tuna
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- 50 g (1.75 oz) rocket (arugula)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove crushed garlic, 10 grams of each parsley, mint, basil finely chopped, 2 tsp olive oil, lemon juice & zest of half a lemon, 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts.
- Mix herb salsa ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Season tuna with salt and pepper.
- Heat a heavy pan and apply non-stick spray immediately before cooking.
- Sear for one minute per side (or to your liking).
- Remove to rest for five minutes.
- Serve sliced tuna on a bed of rocket and avocado.
- Drizzle with herb salsa.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.
- maximum nutrient density
- nutrient-dense maintenance
- blood sugar & fat loss
- low carb & blood sugar
- athletes & bulking
- nutrient-dense meat
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.