This savoury mince is a staple to use in many other recipes or it can be enjoyed by itself. It’s super handy to have in the fridge to throw in an omelette or cheese taco or to add to a salad for protein.
You can use any ground meat you like and add spices like cumin, coriander, chilli, ginger, cinnamon, sumac, paprika and herbs like parsley, basil, oregano, sage, coriander or whatever you fancy to suit your tastes.
The hamburger mince provides the majority of the energy, plenty of protein as well as vitamins B2, B3, B5, B6 and B12, choline iron, magnesium, potassium and zinc. The tomato paste, onion and garlic round out the flavour profile and boost the vitamins A, C, E and copper.
One serve provides 385 calories, 40 g protein, 22 g fat, 5 g of net carbs and P:E = 1.5.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- A scant amount of preferred fat
- 1/4 small onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 150 g (5.25 oz) ground meat (beef, lamb, chicken, pork, roo, turkey)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a non-stick frying pan to medium heat.
- Add a scant amount of preferred fat, onion, garlic. SautÃ© until soft (add favourite spices if using).
- Add the ground meat, use a wooden spoon to break the meat up as it cooks. Fry until the meat is browned.
- Add the tomato paste, stir until meat is all coated.
- Turn heat down and cook the mixture, regularly stirring, for 5 minutes until tomato paste is sweet, not acidic (toss through fresh chopped herbs if using).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.