This savoury smoothie recipe breaks the typically sweet high carb.
Avocado provides most of the energy in form of monounsaturated fat along with heaps of vitamins B5 and E, folate, copper and potassium. The broth (or bouillon) adds vitamin A and sodium.
Spinach and cilantro add vitamins A and K1 along with folate while the onion, lemon, garlic, salt and pepper flakes round out this unique flavour sensation.
One serve provides 182 calories, 3.5 g protein, 15 g fat, 5 g net carbs and P:E = 0.2.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth, cooled
- 2 cups firmly packed baby spinach
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 slice red onion, plus more to taste
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Throw everything into your blender and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds until smooth and creamy. Tweak cilantro, onion, lemon juice, salt, and pepper flakes to taste. Enjoy immediately.
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
- low carb & blood sugar
- nutritional keto
- therapeutic keto
- low carb vegetarian
- egg & dairy-free
- athletes & bulking
- smoothies & juices
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.