Sauteed spinach with bacon
This simple little recipe packs an amazing punch of nutrition while being very satiating. The bacon adds a little bit of taste and variety to the simple spinach.
It can be used as a side salad or as a lite meal that will provide a solid amount of protein as well as a LOT of vitamins and minerals and will work pretty well for nearly any goal.
One serving provides 284 calories, 26 g of protein, 13 g of fat and 11g of net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 4 strips bacon, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds fresh spinach
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, thyme and red pepper flakes and cook until just fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the spinach and some salt and pepper, and cook, tossing, until the spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and stir to combine. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Click the links below to see the highest-ranking recipes for each goal.
|blood sugar & fat loss||94%|