This simple recipe packs a solid nutritional punch while being highly satiating. The bacon adds some luscious taste and contrasting texture to the spinach. It can be used as a side or a light meal.
The bacon provides protein along with selenium, choline, zinc, and vitamins B1 and B3. Spinach adds zinc, potassium, phosphorus, manganese, magnesium, iron, copper, calcium, vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6, A as well as choline and folate and plenty of bulk that will make this hard to overeat.
This recipe provides 475 calories, 37 g protein, 33 g fat and 5 g of net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 90 g bacon (3 rashes approx.), cut in strips
- 1 clove garlic, very thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- Pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
- 200 g fresh spinach
- Salt and pepper
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add thyme leaves, garlic, chilli flakes for about 30 seconds.
- Add spinach and some salt and pepper, and cook, tossing for about two minutes until the spinach is wilted.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.