Roast Turmeric Cauliflower
Cumin, turmeric, capers and garlic turn simple cauliflower into a vibrant and delicious dish you can use as a side or a vegetarian main. Cauliflower is a versatile and nutritious low carb vegetable. With plenty of fibre, the net carbs stay low.
The cauliflower is packed with potassium, phosphorus, manganese, magnesium, iron, calcium, vitamin K, folate, choline, B1, B2, B3, B5 and B6. Bell peppers fill in the copper, vitamin C and vitamin A. Nutritional yeast boosts B vitamins, particularly B12.
One serve provides 80 calories, 5 g of protein, 1 g of fat and 11 g of net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1 head of cauliflower (600g approx.), cut into florets
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1 red & 1 yellow bell peppers, sliced
- 8 cloves of garlic, whole
- Olive oil spray or scant amount olive oil
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 4 tbsp capers
- Salt, pepper and nutritional yeast to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Place all ingredients into a roasting dish.
- Toss until all vegetables are coated in olive oil and spices.
- Bake for 30 min, stirring halfway.
- Add salt, pepper and nutritional yeast to taste.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.