Roast Turmeric Cauliflower
Cauliflower is such a versatile and nutritious low carb vegetable. With plenty of fibre, the net carbs stay low so it will be fine for most people, even if you’re keeping an eye on your blood sugars.
Cumin, turmeric, capers and garlic turn simple roasted cauliflower into a vibrant and delicious dish. You can use this as a side dish or a vegetarian main.
The cauliflower is packed with potassium, phosphorus, manganese, magnesium, iron, calcium, vitamin K, folate, choline, B1, B2, B3, B5 and B6. The bell peppers fill in the copper, vitamin C, vitamin A.
This recipe makes four side dishes or one main meal.
This recipe provides 320 calories, 21 g of protein, 21 g of fat and 11 g of net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1 head of cauliflower (approx. 600g), cut into florets
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1 red & 1 yellow capsicum, sliced
- 8 cloves of garlic, whole
- Olive oil spray or scant amount olive oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 4 tablespoon capers
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C / 360°F.
- Place all ingredients into a roasting dish.
- Toss until all vegetables are coated in olive oil and spices.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Some nutritional yeast will also boost the B12 and other B vitamins which are typically harder to find in plant-based foods.
- Fat loss
- Blood sugar & fat loss
- Maximum nutrient density
The ranking of this recipe is shown below. Click the links to see the highest-ranking recipes for each goal.