Cumin, turmeric, capers and garlic turn simple cauliflower into a vibrant and delicious dish you can use as a side or a vegetarian main. Cauliflower is a versatile and nutritious low carb vegetable. With plenty of fibre, the net carbs stay low.
The cauliflower is packed with potassium, phosphorus, manganese, magnesium, iron, calcium, vitamin K, folate, choline, B1, B2, B3, B5 and B6. Bell peppers fill in the copper, vitamin C and vitamin A. Nutritional yeast boosts B vitamins, particularly B12.
One serve provides 80 calories, 5 g of protein, 1 g of fat and 11 g of net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1 large head of cauliflower (approx. 600g or 21 oz), cut into florets
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1 red & 1 yellow bell peppers, sliced
- 8 cloves of garlic, whole
- Scant amount preferred fat
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 4 tbsp capers
- Salt, pepper and nutritional yeast to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Place all ingredients into a roasting dish.
- Toss until all vegetables are coated in olive oil and spices.
- Bake for 30 min, stirring halfway.
- Add salt, pepper and nutritional yeast to taste.
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
- maximum nutrient density
- nutrient-dense maintenance
- low carb vegetarian
- plant based vegan
- dairy free
- egg free
- gluten free
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.