This Italian-inspired seafood recipe gives you all the flavours you would expect with a pasta dish but in a low-carb, super nutrient-dense, high-satiety meal!
The snapper in this recipe provides a massive dose of protein, omega 3, vitamins B5, B6 and B12, choline, vitamin D and selenium. The chard (silverbeet) provides vitamins A, C and K1, along with copper, iron, magnesium and potassium.
One serve provides 380 calories, 62 g of protein, 7 g of fat and 12 g of net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 400 g white fish fillets
- 6 anchovy fillets plus oil from the can.
- A quarter of an onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 400 g tin crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp capers
- 10 black olives
- Zest and juice of a lemon
- 400 g silverbeet, loosely chopped
- Heat a non-stick frying pan to medium heat, and add the anchovies and a splash of the oil from the anchovy tin.
- Add the onions, garlic and chilli. Saute until onions are soft. Stir with a wooden spoon so the anchovies get crushed into the onion mixture.
- Add the tin of tomatoes, and stir. Add the capers and olives, and stir them through.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, occasionally stirring.
- While that is cooking, preheat the oven to 180°C/356°F (bake).
- Place the fish fillets in a deep-sided baking tray.
- When the sauce has finished cooking, pour it over the fish, and sprinkle over the lemon zest. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- While that is cooking, heat a large frying pan to medium heat. Add the silverbeet and squeeze over the lemon juice. Toss the leaves until lightly wilted.
- Plate up the silverbeet, place the fish on top and add lots of the flavoursome Puttanesca sauce.