This granola mix is a wonderfully tasty low carb alternative to oats or cereal breakfast.
You can use any of your favourite low carb nuts or seeds (e.g. pecans, walnuts, macadamia or chia to the mix).
One serve provides 260 calories, 9 g of protein, 23 g of fat and 4 g net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
Makes 20 serves (40g each)
- 140 g or 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 120 g or 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 130 g or 1 cup almonds
- 80 g or 1/2 cup linseeds
- 160 g or 1 cup hemp hearts (optional)
- 240 g or 3 cups coconut flakes (or desiccated)
- Orange zest from 1 orange (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160°C/320°F.
- Mix all the nuts, seeds and coconut flakes on a large baking tray.
- Grate orange zest over the mixture.
- Melt coconut oil in small pot over a low heat and mix in the spices.
- Pour oil mixture over the nut granola and stir until all coated.
- Bake in oven for 10 min, stirring after 5 min.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.