This granola mix is a wonderfully tasty low carb alternative to oats or cereal breakfast.
You can use any of your favourite low carb nuts or seeds (e.g. pecans, walnuts, macadamia or chia to the mix).
One serve provides 260 calories, 9 g of protein, 23 g of fat, 4 g net carbs and P:E = 0.3.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
Makes 20 serves (40g each)
- 140 g or 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 120 g or 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 130 g or 1 cup almonds
- 80 g or 1/2 cup linseeds
- 160 g or 1 cup hemp hearts (optional)
- 240 g or 3 cups coconut flakes (or desiccated)
- Orange zest from 1 orange (optional)
- 50g (3 tbsp) of coconut oil or butter
- Preheat oven to 160°C/320°F.
- Mix all the nuts, seeds and coconut flakes on a large baking tray.
- Grate orange zest over the mixture.
- Melt coconut oil in small pot over a low heat and mix in the spices.
- Pour oil mixture over the nut granola and stir until all coated.
- Bake in oven for 10 min, stirring after 5 min.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.
- nutrient-dense maintenance
- blood sugar & fat loss
- low carb & blood sugar
- athletes & bulking
- nutrient-dense vegetarian
- low carb vegetarian
- plant based
- dairy free
- egg free
- gluten free
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.