Chef Nobu Matsuhisa has served sushi marinated in miso (fermented soybean paste) as a signature dish since 1987.
White miso was once used to preserve fish, but the marinade shimmers with a deep, rich, buttery, almost caramelised flavour.
Served with light vegetables and cauliflower rice, this version offers a taste of Japan while keeping carbs and fat low for maximum satiety and nutrient density.
The fish provides heaps of bioavailable protein, omega 3 along with vitamins B5, B5, B12 and D along with choline, potassium and selenium while the veggies provide vitamin C, folate and a range of additional minerals.
One serve provides 422 calories, 61 g protein, 11 g fat, 14 g net carbs and P:E = 2.5.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 200 g (7 oz) white fish fillet
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- One garlic clove, crushed
- 100 g (3.5 oz) steamed cauliflower rice
- 100 g (3.5 oz) cucumber, shaved into ribbons
- Eight snow peas, raw or steamed, cut in half
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, lightly toasted (optional)
- Wedge of lime.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/356°F (bake).
- Place all the marinade ingredients together and coat the fish.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and place the fish in the tray with all the marinade on top – bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and rest.
- While resting, plate up the rest of the ingredients and lay the fish on top, adding any marinade left in the tray as a sauce. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
- fat loss
- maximum nutrient density
- blood sugar & fat loss
- high protein:energy ratio
- egg & dairy-free
Take your nutrition to the next level with Nutrient Optimiser and get your free food list and more recipes based on your goals. Nutrient Optimiser is designed to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
Our recipe database contains over five hundred recipes to ensure you get the nutrition you need to thrive. When you track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify foods that are missing macro and micronutrients in your diet.