This nutritious fatty coffee recipe is a great option to the run of the mill version with butter and oil (which are devoid of nutrients) that can be used to get a little healthy fat if you want to skip ‘breakfast’ and have your first full meal later in the day.
Egg yolks are a powerhouse of nutrients, including choline, vitamins A, B5, D, E, iron, phosphorus, zinc and selenium, while the salt adds sodium to balance out the flavour profile.
One serve provides 165 calories, 8 g protein, 13 g fat, 2 g net carbs and P:E = 0.6.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1 1/2 cup (350 ml) coffee (i.e. a long black)
- 3 pastured egg yolks
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- Beat the eggs together as if you were making scrambled eggs. You could also blend them. Once the eggs are beaten or blended, slowly drizzle in the coffee. You don’t want to cook the eggs. You want them to stay creamy. If you’re really concerned about the avidin in the raw white, dump the coffee in to ensure maximal heat exposure. Otherwise, just drizzle.
- Add a little sweetener if you wish, plus some salt and enjoy!
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
- low carb & blood sugar
- nutritional keto
- therapeutic keto
- low carb vegetarian
- athletes & bulking
- smoothies & juices
How Can I Calculate My Nutrient Intake?
If you’re interested in checking if you’re getting just enough dietary phosphorus, you can check your nutrient profile using our Free 7-Day Nutrient Clarity Challenge.
Level Up Your Nutrient Density
To help you level up your nutrient density, we’ve prepared a Nutritional Optimisation Starter Pack to ensure you are getting plenty of all the essential nutrients from the food you eat every day.
The free starter pack includes:
- Maximum Nutrient Density Food List
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Recipe Book
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Meal Plan.
To get started today, all you have to do is join our new Optimising Nutrition Group here.
Once you join, you will find the Nutritional Optimisation starter pack in the discovery section here.