Egg Salad on Greens (Lean)
Egg salad is a great low carb staple. This recipe dials back the fat from the mayo and olive oil a little to increase satiety and help you lose some body fat with less hunger while still providing plenty of nutrients to minimise cravings.
The spring onion and cucumber add texture while the greens boost your vitamins and minerals. The eggs provide the majority of the calories, along with protein, choline, B2, B5 and selenium. The greens boost potassium, folate and vitamins A, C and K.
One serve provides 300 calories, 21 g protein, 20 g fat and 6 of net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 50 g leafy greens and cress, chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 50 g cucumber, diced
- Juice of half a lemon or tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 tsp mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper
- Place eggs in a bowl with the mayonnaise and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Use a fork to mash the eggs and mix with the mayo.
- Place salad leaves and spring onion in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice (or vinegar), sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss until coated.
- Plate up the leaves and top with the egg mixture.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.