Chicken stir fry
This tasty Asian chicken stirfry is perfectly balanced for nutrient density and satiety. The protein from the chicken is balanced by copper and potassium from the mushrooms, vitamin A from the carrots along with manganese and sodium from the tamari sauce to round out the taste profile.
This recipe provides 435 calories, 50 g of protein, 15 g of fat and 25 g of net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 small chicken thighs, skin removed, diced
- 1/4 small onion, sliced
- 1 red chilli pepper de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 knob of ginger, peeled and diced
- 60g zucchini, cut matchsticks
- 60g mushrooms, sliced
- 60g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 60g asparagus, cut 2cm lengths
- 50g green beans, cut 2cm lengths
- 1/2 small carrot, julienned
- 1 cup cabbage, chopped
- 4 tablespoons tamari
- Heat a wok to high heat with some oil.
- Place the chicken in and turn until all sides are golden and almost cooked through 5 – 8 minutes.
- Add the onions, chilli pepper, ginger and toss around for a minute.
- Add the mushrooms, broccoli, asparagus, green beans, carrot and garlic and toss for two minutes.
- Add the zucchini and cabbage and toss.
- Add the Tamari and toss again for two minutes.
- Check the chicken is cooked by cutting one piece in half. When the chicken is cooked through serve.
- Maximum nutrient density
- Blood sugar & fat loss
- Fat loss
The ranking of this recipe is shown below. Click the links to see the highest-ranking recipes for each goal.