Chicken stir fry
This tasty Asian chicken stir-fry is perfectly balanced for nutrient density and satiety.
Protein from the chicken is complimented by copper and potassium from the mushrooms, vitamin A from the carrots along with manganese and sodium from the tamari sauce.
One serve provides 436 calories, 49 g protein, 14 g fat and 23 g of net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 small chicken thighs, skin removed, diced
- 1/4 small onion, sliced
- 1 red chilli pepper de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 knob of ginger, peeled and diced
- 60 g zucchini, sliced
- 60 g mushrooms, sliced
- 60 g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 60 g asparagus, cut 2 cm lengths
- 50 g green beans, cut 2 cm lengths
- 1/2 small carrot, julienned
- 1 cup cabbage, chopped
- 4 tbsp tamari
- Heat a wok to high heat with some oil.
- Place chicken in and turn until all sides are golden and almost cooked through, 5 – 8 minutes.
- Add onions, chilli pepper, ginger and toss around for a minute.
- Add mushrooms, broccoli, asparagus, green beans, carrot and garlic and toss for 2 minutes.
- Add zucchini and cabbage and toss.
- Add tamari and toss again for two minutes.
- Check chicken is cooked by cutting one piece in half. Serve when the chicken is cooked through.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.