Chicken, parsley & tomato tabbouleh
This chicken and tabbouleh salad recipe is a light and fresh way to get your nutrients on a hot summer day. The chicken provides plenty of protein to keep you full along with selenium, phosphorus, choline, B3, B5 and B6. The chicory greens fill in the potassium, manganese, copper, calcium, vitamin A and folate. The pumpkin seeds provide copper and the parsley provides iron and vitamin K.
This recipe provides 360 calories, 45 g of protein, 14 g of fat and 8 g of net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 200g chicken breast, skin removed
- 100g chicory, diced
- 75g parsley, finely chopped
- 100g tomato, chopped
- 30g almonds, finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon juice & zest
- salt & pepper
- Place the chicken breast in a pot and cover with water.
- Bring the water to the boil then turn down low and simmer for 8 minutes (the chicken can take up to 14 minutes if large) turn off the heat and let cool.
- While chicken is cooking add all the remaining ingredients and toss in lemon juice.
- Slice or shred the chicken breast and serve on the salad.
- Maximum nutrient density
- Blood sugar & fat loss
- Fat loss
The ranking of this recipe is shown below. Click the links to see the highest-ranking recipes for each goal.