This chicken and tabbouleh salad recipe is a light and fresh way to get your nutrients on a hot summer day.
The chicken provides plenty of protein to keep you full along with selenium, phosphorus, choline, B3, B5 and B6.
The chicory greens fill in the potassium, manganese, copper, calcium, vitamin A and folate. The almonds provide copper and magnesium while the parsley provides iron and vitamin K.
One serve provides 360 calories, 45 g protein, 14 g fat and 8 g of net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 200 g chicken breast, skin removed
- 100 g chicory, diced
- 75 g parsley, finely chopped
- 100 g tomato, diced
- 30 g almonds, finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon juice & zest
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place chicken breast in a pot and cover with water.
- Bring water to a boil then turn to low and simmer for 8 – 14 minutes (depending on the size of the chicken).
- Check chicken is cooked through and remove from water, let cool and rest for 10 minutes.
- While resting, add the remaining ingredients together in a bowl and toss in the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Slice the chicken breast and serve on the salad.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.