This simple chicken and avocado recipe makes for a tasty and decadent low carb or keto meal.
The avocado provides most of the energy along with potassium, folate, B5 and copper. The chicken boosts the protein, choline and zinc while the spinach and kale lift the vitamin A, C and K.
One serve provides 540 calories, 23 g protein, 46 g fat and 3 g net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1 small chicken thigh (65 g)
- Half an avocado (100 g), sliced
- 1 tsp each pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 50 g baby kale and baby spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Put chicken thigh in a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes each side.
- Once chicken is cooked, place salad leaves in a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with the seeds, add the sliced avocado.
- Slice cooked chicken and place on the salad.
- Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and top with a dollop of mayonnaise.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.