Cauliflower is such a versatile and nutritious low carb vegetable that adds vitamins B5 & B6, choline, folate as well as potassium.
The succulent olive oil in this recipe provides a solid amount of energy and a little bit of omega 3 and lots of monounsaturated fats. Tomato boosts the vitamins A and C and sunflower and pumpkin seeds provide thiamine, copper, iron, magnesium, phosphorus and zinc.
One serve provides 290 calories, 11 g protein, 24 g fat and 10 g of net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 400 g cauliflower, grated
- 1/2 cup (approx. 30 g) sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup (approx. 30 g) pumpkin seeds
- Quarter a small red onion, finely diced
- 15 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Handful of fresh mint, chopped
- Handful basil, chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil;
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon;
- Salt and pepper
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients.
- In a small bowl mix dressing ingredients and pour over salad, toss well so coated.
- Tip: cut the cauliflower into florets then use a cheese grater and grate into a rice-like consistency.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.