This Mexican burrito recipe uses an egg white omelette as the “burrito” and is filled with beef, onion and avocado with some salsa and cilantro sprinkled on top. With a very high protein:energy ratio, it is ideal for maximum satiety weight loss.
The egg whites provide heaps of bioavailable protein along with B2 and selenium, the steak provides more protein, B3, B6, B12, choline, iron, phosphorus, selenium and zinc, while the salsa and avocado round out the taste and fill in the vitamin A and potassium.
One serve provides 400 calories, 60 g protein, 14 g fat, 5 g of net carbs and a protein:energy = 4.5.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 250 g egg whites
- 110 g steak, sliced into strips
- 20 g avocado, sliced
- 1/2 a tomato, finely diced
- 1 small slice of onion, finely diced
- 4 g coriander/cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- Drizzle of olive oil (optional)
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare salsa by combining all the ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and spray with olive oil.
- Turn heat to low and pour in egg whites, slowly cook until opaque.
- Place steak, avocado and salsa in the middle.
- Using a spatula, fold over the ends.
- Fold in right and left sides like you would a wrap.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.