What makes Nutrient Optimiser different?
Participants from the first Nutrient Optimiser Challenge were asked what made the Nutrient Optimiser different from other things they had tried before. Here’s what they said:
- Overall, this was far easier than anything I’d tried. The only other thing I had done seriously was LCHF keto, which worked but very slowly due to the enormous amount of fat I was consuming, along with ‘no calorie counting needed’ which didn’t actually work for me. (Sunny)
- I’ve lost weight being low carb before, but the focus was often high fat. This was more satiating, and I actually gained lean mass! (Paul)
- I was rarely, if ever, hungry. I had a severe sweet tooth which faded right away with the focus on nutrient density. It felt easier for me and produced outstanding results!
- It was harder at first to learn which foods were nutrient dense and exactly how to eat. It was hard to let go of my old mindset. But, I’m slowly getting there. My cravings now are nonexistent! I’ve learned to broaden the variety of foods I eat, and to eat smaller portions in each meal which has made my nutrient score soar!
- Aside from the fat loss, I feel great and have an amazingly positive attitude which can often be a struggle for me.
- Nutrient Optimiser helps to take the focus away from ‘dieting’ and channels your thoughts to focus on quality rather than quantity. (Carolyn)
- At first, it was hard. But the hunger went away as I started to focus on managing my Nutrient Density Score.
- I put a few recipes in, and it was golden! I can eat the same thing day after day because it is easier to have things done than to worry about food.
- I have tried everything in the past. I do lose weight quickly on starvation diets, but I feel like crap. Weight Watchers was cool except I found myself just eating junk for the points. High fat low carb just left me sluggish and ill. The Nutrient Optimiser brings out the competitive side of me. Getting the best score became the most important thing and everything else fell into place. (Tory)
- The most significant change for me was upping my carbs to allow for more vegetables. This has made a massive difference for me in terms of satiety and energy levels. It was so much easier to stay on track. I completely stopped thinking about binging. My calories were the same, but I traded fat for carbs from veggies and oysters. I will definitely be sticking to my current eating pattern. I’ve been obese since childhood and I’m 41. I feel amazing, and now I’m looking forward to my reaching goal. I know I will get there and be able to stay there. I know I’ll probably have to decrease my calories as I get closer to my goal, but I know I have the tool to make it possible. (Deborah)
- I did KetoGains with great success, but was hungry and fighting cravings. The difference with Nutrient Optimiser must be the increased focus on nutrient density as I have only been hungry when my calories were too low. Now I have to force myself to finish my meals and have zero cravings. I just upped the veggie carbs with a lot of variety and raised protein a tad.
- It’s weird because a lot of plans say no beets no potatoes no carrots etc, so it was liberating to see they’re relatively very low in calories for the nutrition and satiety. The biggest thing I’ve learned is that I need to watch my fat intake. (Nadine)
- I found eating more veg than I was previously and upping my protein made me feel satisfied, and the thought of then eating chocolate or junk was just not necessary. It’s great to feel in control and not have to use willpower. (Fiona)
- I think I did better with Nutrient Optimiser because I felt I could plan my day based on my choices without necessarily following a meal plan. The plan was there, but I only used it as a guide. I felt far more accountable and motivated because I was part of a group trialling something new and I enjoyed learning more about nutrient density and knowing I had the tools to work out what I needed to eat. I often see links where some magical result is promised if you click here, listen to a 30-minute build up and then… BUY MY AMAZING TABLETS/POWDER FOR $+++ PER MONTH. But this is different. This is just real food. (Jenny)
- Increasing my protein by about 30 grams a day and focusing on some of the harder to get nutrients killed my cravings! I did not have to focus on manipulating weight. I just stuck with my smart macros. I am all about sustainable change, so for me, it was more about swapping things around a bit. I was eating up to 100 grams carbs and lowered my fat intake by quite a lot. (Julie)
- The bits I found harder were learning Cronometer (as that was new to me) and learning how to tweak my diet to increase nutrients. I’m still learning that, but I’m getting there. My fear of carbs was bigger than I thought. Having been on around 10g carbs for a long time, going up to 50 some days was harder than it sounds and I had to push myself to do that. (Michelle)
- We grow heaps of food so loved having zero restrictions and eating stone fruit and potatoes etc. I did not drop weight rapidly but did not push for a big calorie deficit and stuck with around 1500 calories a day and still lost 5% body fat.
- I learned so much about my body over the six weeks!
- it’s nice to be satiated AND losing weight. This is sustainable for me for life. I have finally found what works for me. (Deborah)