A little apple in this salad gives a burst of sweet and is a treat while keeping carbs fairly low. There is plenty of fat from the pecans and the mayo for energy while providing vitamin A and K from the greens and copper, magnesium, manganese and zinc from the nuts.
One serve provides 530 calories, 6 g protein, 52 g fat and 8 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 100 g mixed salad leaves
- 50 g pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 granny smith apple (40 g), grated
- 1 medium stick of celery, chopped
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- A big pinch of micro cress
- Drizzle of avocado oil or olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Place leaves and celery in a large bowl, drizzle over the oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss until coated.
- Put the salad in serving bowl and top with grated apple, nuts and micro cress.
- Dollop with mayonnaise and eat immediately.
Note: What to do with the rest of the apple if making for one person? Just enjoy 1/4 at a time, over the next few days, grate onto your nut granola for breakfast one day, eat some with your chia pudding another day.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.