Vegan Stir Fry with Cashews
This vegan stir fry combines crunch fresh flavours from cashews and fresh veggies with the meaty umami from the mushroom and tamari sauce.
The cashews provide most of the energy and protein along with minerals like copper, iron, magnesium, manganese and zinc.
The mushrooms provide vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, choline, copper and phosphorus while the tamari sauce, carrot, peppers and cabbage round out the vitamins A, B and K, choline, folate, calcium and potassium.
One serve provides 360 calories, 17 g protein, 19 g fat and 31 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp ginger root, diced very small or grated
- 1 chilli pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 a red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, julienned
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 1 cup cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce
- cashew nuts, toasted
- Heat a wok to high heat with the coconut oil.
- Place onions, garlic, chilli pepper, ginger and toss around for a minute.
- Add mushrooms, red pepper, carrot, and toss for 2 minutes.
- Add zucchini and cabbage and toss.
- Add tamari and toss again for two more minutes.
- Plate up and top with toasted cashew nuts.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.