Omelettes can be a great low-calorie, nutrient-dense food option suitable for any meal.
This low-fat omelette is ideal for aggressive fat loss during a nutritious Protein-Sparing Modified fast-style diet.
We designed it to maximise satiety to help you eat fewer calories while still providing the nutrients you need despite being in an energy deficit.
Most of the energy comes from ground turkey, an incredible source of lean protein. In addition, it provides plenty of vitamins A, B3, B5 and B6, along with essential minerals like copper, choline, selenium, and zinc.
Egg white provides additional protein, B2, selenium, and some sodium. Spinach looks after vitamins A, C, and K and other essential nutrients like folate, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, and potassium.
Tip: While the ingredients in this recipe are simple, the trick is to ensure you have a high-quality, non-stick pan so you don’t need to add too much fat.
One serve provides 240 calories, 47 g of protein, 3 g of fat and 3 g of net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 100 g (3.5 oz) ground turkey breast
- Salt and pepper
- 150 g (5.3 oz) spinach, wilted from fresh
- Olive oil spray or preferred fat
- 200 g (7 oz) egg whites
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- Heat a non-stick frying pan to medium heat. Add the ground turkey mince and fry in its own fat, using a wooden spoon to break up the meat, sprinkle with salt and pepper, cook until browned, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Wash the pan and heat to medium heat. Spray with olive oil and then pour in the egg whites.
- Once they are all white, add the spinach and the cooked turkey meat to one-half of the omelette.
- Sprinkle with chilli flakes and use a spatula to fold the empty half over the filled half, slide onto a plate and serve.
- Want more amazing recipes like this that focus on satiety (feeling fuller for longer with less calories/energy) and the critical nutrients you’re probably missing? Check out our NutriBooster recipe books (including free recipe samples).
- If you want to finally lose excess weight without hunger using a guided program, including personalised personalised satiety reports, check out the Macros Masterclass.