Omelettes can be a great low-calorie, nutrient-dense food option suitable for any meal.
This low-fat omelette is ideal during a nutritious Protein-Sparing Modified Fast for aggressive fat loss. We designed it to maximise satiety to help you eat fewer calories while still providing the nutrients you need, despite being in an energy deficit.
Most of the energy comes from the ground turkey, an incredible source of lean protein. In addition, it provides plenty of vitamins A, B3, B5 and B6, along with essential minerals like copper, choline, selenium, and zinc.
Egg white provides additional protein, B2, selenium, and some sodium. Spinach looks after vitamins A, C, and K and other essential nutrients like folate, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, and potassium.
Tip: While the ingredients in this recipe are simple, the trick is to ensure you have a high-quality non-stick pan, so you don’t need to add too much fat.
One serve provides 240 calories, 47 g protein, 3 g fat, 3 g of net carbs and P:E = 7.4
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 100 g (3.5 oz) ground turkey breast
- Salt and pepper
- 150 g (5.3 oz) spinach, wilted from fresh
- Olive oil spray or preferred fat
- 200 g (7 oz) egg whites
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- Heat a non-stick frying pan to a medium heat, add the ground turkey mince and fry in its own fat, using a wooden spoon to break up the meat, sprinkle with salt and pepper, cook until browned, remove from pan and set aside.
- Wash the pan and heat to medium heat, spray with olive oil and then pour in the egg whites.
- Once they are all white, add the spinach and the cooked turkey meat to one half of the omelette.
- Sprinkle with chilli flakes and use a spatula to fold the empty half over the filled half, slide onto a plate and serve.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.
How Can I Calculate My Nutrient Intake?
If you’re interested in checking if you’re getting just enough dietary phosphorus, you can check your nutrient profile using our Free 7-Day Nutrient Clarity Challenge.
Level Up Your Nutrient Density
To help you level up your nutrient density, we’ve prepared a Nutritional Optimisation Starter Pack to ensure you are getting plenty of all the essential nutrients from the food you eat every day.
The free starter pack includes:
- Maximum Nutrient Density Food List
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Recipe Book
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Meal Plan.
To get started today, all you have to do is join our new Optimising Nutrition Group here.
Once you join, you will find the Nutritional Optimisation starter pack in the discovery section here.