Turkey and spinach omelette
This low-fat omelette is ideal for a nutrient-dense Protein Sparing Modified Fast for aggressive fat loss. It is designed to maximise satiety to help you eat fewer calories while still providing the nutrients you need, even in an energy deficit.
Most of the energy comes from the ground turkey, which is an incredibly lean source of protein and also provides plenty of vitamins B3, B5 and B6, along with choline and zinc.
Egg white provides some more protein as well as B2, selenium and some sodium. Spinach looks after vitamins A, C and K along with folate, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium and potassium.
Tip: While the ingredients in this recipe are simple, the trick is to ensure you have a high-quality non-stick pan, so you don’t need to add too much fat.
One serve provides 240 calories, 47 g protein, 3 g fat and 3 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 100 g (3.5 oz) ground turkey breast
- Salt and pepper
- 150 g (5.3 oz) spinach, wilted from fresh
- Olive oil spray or preferred fat
- 200 g (7 oz) egg whites
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- Heat a non-stick frying pan to a medium heat, add the ground turkey mince and fry in its own fat, using a wooden spoon to break up the meat, sprinkle with salt and pepper, cook until browned, remove from pan and set aside.
- Wash the pan and heat to medium heat, spray with olive oil and then pour in the egg whites.
- Once they are all white, add the spinach and the cooked turkey meat to one half of the omelette.
- Sprinkle with chilli flakes and use a spatula to fold the empty half over the filled half, slide onto a plate and serve.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.