This Italian inspired colourful salad makes a tasty side or a low carb plant-based main.
The olive oil provides the bulk of the energy and a succulent taste along with the tahini which contains copper, phosphorus, calcium and iron.
The spinach adds a lot of vitamins B1 and K1 along with potassium, magnesium and manganese and the tomato boosts vitamins A and C.
One serve provides 290 calories, 5 g protein, 27 g fat and 7 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 100 g tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 20 g spinach
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp tahini; 1 clove crushed garlic; juice of half a lemon
- Place the sliced tomato on the plate.
- Mix the tahini mayo ingredients together adding a little water to loosen if needed.
- Dollop some on each tomato.
- Sprinkle over the pine nuts.
- Place spinach leaves in the centre.
- Drizzle over olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.