Tomato Carpaccio with Tofu
This plant-based version of the Italian-inspired salad is super succulent with plenty of fat from olive oil.
The tofu provides most of the protein along with choline, folate, copper, manganese and phosphorus. A dollop of tahini brings a Mediterranean twist along with copper, phosphorus, calcium and iron. The spinach adds folate, potassium and vitamin K1 while the tomato boosts vitamins A and C.
One serve provides 375 calories, 14 g protein, 31 g fat and 11 g of net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 100 g tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 20 g spinach
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 100 g tofu
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 clove crushed garlic;
- Juice of half a lemon
- Place the sliced tomato on the plate.
- Mix the tahini mayo ingredients together adding a little water to loosen if needed.
- Dollop some on each tomato.
- Sprinkle over the pine nuts.
- Place spinach leaves in the center.
- Heat a non-stick pan to medium heat and add the tofu, cook on both side until golden.
- Place tofu on the bed of spinach.
- Drizzle over olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.