This plant-based version of the Italian-inspired salad is super succulent with plenty of fat from olive oil.
The tofu provides most of the protein along with choline, folate, copper, manganese and phosphorus.
A dollop of tahini brings a Mediterranean twist along with copper, phosphorus, calcium and iron.
The spinach adds folate, potassium and vitamin K1 while the tomato boosts vitamins A and C.
One serve provides 375 calories, 14 g protein, 31 g fat, 11 g of net carbs and P:E = 0.3.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 100 g tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 20 g spinach
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 100 g tofu
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 clove crushed garlic;
- Juice of half a lemon
- Place the sliced tomato on the plate.
- Mix the tahini mayo ingredients together adding a little water to loosen if needed.
- Dollop some on each tomato.
- Sprinkle over the pine nuts.
- Place spinach leaves in the center.
- Heat a non-stick pan to medium heat and add the tofu, cook on both side until golden.
- Place tofu on the bed of spinach.
- Drizzle over olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.
How Can I Calculate My Nutrient Intake?
If you’re interested in checking if you’re getting just enough dietary phosphorus, you can check your nutrient profile using our Free 7-Day Nutrient Clarity Challenge.
Level Up Your Nutrient Density
To help you level up your nutrient density, we’ve prepared a Nutritional Optimisation Starter Pack to ensure you are getting plenty of all the essential nutrients from the food you eat every day.
The free starter pack includes:
- Maximum Nutrient Density Food List
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Recipe Book
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Meal Plan.
To get started today, all you have to do is join our new Optimising Nutrition Group here.
Once you join, you will find the Nutritional Optimisation starter pack in the discovery section here.