This low carb version of the Italian inspired salad is super succulent with plenty of fat from the salmon and olive oil.
The salmon provides the bulk of the energy and protein as well as plenty of choline, selenium and vitamins B3, B5, B6 and B12.
A dollop of tahini brings a Mediterranean twist along with copper, phosphorus, calcium and iron. The spinach adds folate, potassium and vitamin K1 while the tomato boosts vitamins A and C.
One serve provides 560 calories, 34 g protein, 43 g fat and 8 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 100 g tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 20 g spinach
- 120 g fillet of salmon
- A drizzle of olive oil (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- Juice of half a lemon
- Place the sliced tomato on the plate.
- Mix the tahini mayo ingredients together adding a little water to loosen if needed, dollop some on each tomato.
- Sprinkle over the pine nuts and place spinach leaves in the centre.
- Heat a small frypan over medium-high heat, when hot, put the salmon in the frypan skin side facing the bottom of the pan.
- Leave salmon to cook for 2 – 3 minutes. When there is a three quarter colour change in the salmon fillet side, turn and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.