It was SO much fun to finally chat with Dr Ted Naiman about all that we’ve learned (and had to unlearn) about ketogenic diets over the last five years.
Ted has done heaps of interviews and podcasts about his current beliefs, so I wanted to dig behind his trademark memes to understand how he has changed what he believes.
- Why Ted now believes the Carb-Insulin Hypothesis is dead.
- What does insulin really do?
- The Personal Fat Threshold
- Energy Toxicity
- Protein Leverage
- Food quality
- Nutrient density
- The limitations of extended fasting.
- The most common advice Ted gives his patients that always works.
- Ted’s advice for someone just starting on their journey.
- How Ted’s daily eating routine looks.
- Does Ted take supplements?
- What are the top five foods Ted eats most often?
- How Ted motivates clients when they are not able to comply fully.
- Ted’s thoughts on ‘biohacking’?
- Ted’s dreams for the future of nutrition.
I hope you have as much fun listening in as we did chatting.
Subscribe to listen at:
To help us reach more people, please rate and review.
Follow Dr Ted Naiman
Upcoming podcast guests
- RD Dikeman, PhD (Type 1 Grit) – Rethinking Keto for Type 1 Diabetes
- Bronson Dant – Fitness 101: The Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Exercise
- Mike Julian – The Gurus’ Guru
- Dr Clark Connery – Metabolic Flexibility Deep Dive
- Dr Brian Mowl – ProFast Diet Secrets
- Bett Lucas – How to Finally Put Your Health First
- Lori Tilden Leeke – How to Use Your Glucose Meter as a Fuel Gauge
- Brian Sanders – Chasing Nutrient Density All Over the World
- Jane Getting – Intermittent Fasting 2.0 + Nutrient Density FTW!
- Kelli and Dan Buckley – Optimising Nutrition – The Results
- Karen Lerner-Mayrand – Preventing Nutritional Deficiencies on a Vegetarian Diet
- Dr Josephine Grace Rajo – The Anatomy of Data-Driven Fasting
- Craig Emmerich – The Future of Keto
- Diana Rogers – Regenerative Agriculture
- Cynthia Thurlow – Intermittent Fasting for Women
- Robb Wolf – Can Nutrient Density Save the World?
- Abby Lukach Q&A – Stacking All the Hacks for Breakthrough Results
- Ivan Gavranic – What it takes to get (and stay) Super Lean
- Ted Naiman and Cala Calabrese – Let’s Talk about Satiety
- Melanie Avalon – The best (and worst) of biohacking
- Carol Dent – 42 lbs down with Data-Driven Fasting and Nutrient Density
- Gin Stephens – On Leaving Facebook and the Future of Intermittent Fasting
- Belinda Fettke – The origins of our nutritional guidelines
- Sidi Riza – 20kg in 5 months with DDF and the Masterclass
- Professors David Raubenheimer, Professor Stephen Simpson and Dr Ted Naiman – Protein & Nutrient Leverage Leverage
- Dr Andreas Eenfeldt – THE Diet Doctor
- Karen Thomson – Sugar-Free Data-Driven Fasting