Here’s a recipe for low-carb bread lovers created by Optimiser Julia Kreye.
While this version uses tahini, any other nut or seed butter will work. The tahini provides vitamin B1, copper, and an array of other minerals, while the chia seeds boost omega-3s and fibre.
- Diet Quality Score = 42%
- Satiety Index Score = 36%
- Protein = 13%
- P:E ratio = 0.3
One slice provides 145 calories, 5 g protein, 12 g fat and 3 g net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows this recipe’s nutrients provided by 2000 calories relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
One loaf makes 10 slices.
- 200 grams (7 oz) tahini (or your nut or seed butter of choice)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp flaxseed (optional)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- Additional seeds for topping (optional)
- Beat the eggs.
- Mix in the tahini, flax, and chia seeds.
- Place in a baking dish lined with brown parchment paper for easy cleaning.
- Top with any other additional seeds.
- Bake for 30-45 min at 180C.
This bread freezes well. You can cut the loaf, leave some pieces for the following days, and freeze the rest in portions. That way, you always have fresh bread when you feel like it!
- Julia Kreye