Here’s a low-carb recipe for bread lovers created by Optimiser Julia Kreye. This version uses tahini, but any nut butter will work. The tahini provides vitamin B1, copper and an array of minerals, while the chia boosts omega 3.
One serve provides 145 calories, 5 g protein, 12 g fat and 3 g net carbs.
- 200 g (7 oz) tahini (or other nut butter)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp flaxseed (optional)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optimal)
- Plus some seeds for topping (optional)
- Beat the eggs
- Mix in tahini and seeds.
- Bake for 30-45 min at 180C.
This bread freezes well. You can cut the loaf, leave some pieces for the following days and freeze the rest in portions. That way, you always have fresh bread when you feel like it.
- Julia Kreye