This sunny-side-up breakfast combines some of the most nutrient-dense ingredients into a versatile meal that will align with just about any goal. Whether you want to lose fat, lower your blood sugars or maximise your micronutrients, this recipe will hit the spot!
Mushrooms provide B5 and copper. The spinach provides vitamins A and K, and the ham contains protein, phosphorus, selenium, zinc and B1. The eggs add more bioavailable protein and choline.
- Diet Quality Score = 90%
- Satiety Index Score = 90%
- Protein = 43%
- P:E ratio = 1.1
One serve provides 360 calories, 34 g protein, 20 g fat, 8 g of net carbs and P:E = 1.5.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 150 g mushrooms, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 60 g spinach, chopped
- 90 g ham, diced
- 1 tsp olive oil (for cooking)
- 1/2 tomato, finely diced
- 1 small slice of onion, finely diced
- 4 basil leaves, finely chopped
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare salsa by combining all the ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Arrange spinach on a plate and set aside.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and add the olive oil. Add mushrooms and ham and cook for a few minutes until the mushrooms are soft.
- Place the mushroom mixture on the bed of spinach.
- Use the same pan (unwashed) to cook the eggs to your liking.
- Add eggs on top of the mushroom mixture.
- Finally, add salsa and salt and pepper to taste.