This sunny side up breakfast combines some of the most nutrient-dense ingredients into a versatile meal that will align with just about any goal.
Mushrooms provide B5 and copper. The spinach provides vitamins A and K, and the ham contains protein, phosphorus, selenium, zinc and B1. The eggs add more bioavailable protein and choline.
One serve provides 360 calories, 34 g protein, 20 g fat and 8 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 150 g mushrooms, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 60 g spinach, chopped
- 90 g ham, diced
- 1 tsp olive oil (for cooking)
- 1/2 a tomato, finely diced
- 1 small slice of onion, finely diced
- 4 basil leaves, finely chopped
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare salsa by combining all the ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Arrange spinach on a plate and set aside.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and add the olive oil. Add mushrooms and ham and cook for a few minutes until the mushrooms are soft.
- Place mushroom mixture on the bed of spinach.
- Use the same pan (unwashed) to cook the eggs to your liking.
- Add eggs on top of the mushroom mixture.
- Finally, add salsa and salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals.
We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level. You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive.
Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.