This sunny side-up breakfast combines some of the most nutrient-dense ingredients into a versatile meal that will align with just about any goal.
One serve provides 360 calories, 34 g protein, 20 g fat, 8 g of net carbs and P:E = 1.5.
- 150 g mushrooms, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 60 g spinach, chopped
- 90 g ham, diced
- 1 tsp olive oil (for cooking)
- 1/2 a tomato, finely diced
- 1 small slice of onion, finely diced
- 4 basil leaves, finely chopped
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare salsa by combining all the ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Arrange spinach on a plate and set aside.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and add the olive oil. Add mushrooms and ham and cook for a few minutes until the mushrooms are soft.
- Place mushroom mixture on the bed of spinach.
- Use the same pan (unwashed) to cook the eggs to your liking.
- Add eggs on top of the mushroom mixture.
- Finally, add salsa and salt and pepper to taste.