Stuffed Peppers with Greens & Yogurt
This stuffed peppers recipe makes for a snack (one serve) or an easy meal (whole recipe).
Most of the energy comes from the ground beef, along with protein choline, iron and zinc. The greens provide vitamins A, C, K and folate while the olive oil and yogurt provide some extra energy.
One serve provides 325 calories, 28 g protein, 20 g fat and 6 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 4 green bell peppers
- 400 g of ground beef
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 80 g tomato paste
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Cut peppers in half, removed the seeds and place them in a baking tray ready to be filled.
- Heat a frypan to a medium heat, add the olive oil.
- When heated, add the onions and garlic and stir.
- When onions are soft, add the ground beef and use a wooden spoon to break up the beef as it browns.
- Once meat has changed colour but is not cooked through (it will cook more in the oven), add the tomato paste and stir so all the meat is coated. Cook for a further two minutes, then turn off heat.
- Spoon meat mixture into the halved peppers.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of baby spinach and kale with a dollop of yogurt and sprinkle of chilli flakes.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.