Steak, tomato, eggs, spinach
BBQ steak with salad is simple and nutritious. It’s a great recipe to have in your repertoire when you want to keep easy.
The steak provides a solid dose of protein, B3, B6, zinc, phosphorus and selenium. Eggs contain choline, and tomato provides vitamins A and C while the greens fill in the vitamin K, folate and potassium.
One serve provides 480 calories, 49 g protein, 28 g fat and 4 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 150 g sirloin steak
- 1 large egg
- 50 g spinach or preferred greens
- 100 g tomato, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place spinach and tomato on a plate.
- Heat a frypan to a medium/high heat add the steak.
- The general rule is 3 – 4 minutes a side but if your steak is very thin or thick you will have to judge how long it needs to cook.
- Add the egg when you turn the steak, cook the egg to your liking, flipping if you want to.
- Plate up the cooked steak and egg next to the greens and tomato. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.