Steak, Mushrooms and Asparagus
This is another simple high satiety meal that will keep you satiated when losing weight. The mixture of animal and plant-based foods also provides a well-balanced meal at a micronutrient level. Best of all, everything goes in the one pan for super-simple cooking with minimal cleanup.
Beef provides heaps of bioavailable protein, vitamins B3, B6 and B12, choline, selenium and zinc while the mushrooms and asparagus fill in the vitamins A, B5 and K1, folate, copper, iron and potassium.
One serve provides 490 calories, 81 g protein, 16 g fat and 5 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 250 g sirloin steak (fat trimmed)
- 150 g asparagus
- 100 g mushrooms
- 1 tsp avocado oil or fat of choice (for cooking)
- Sea salt
- Heat a frypan to a medium/high heat and add the steak.
- The general rule is 3–4 minutes a side, but if your steak is very thin or thick, you will have to judge how long it needs to cook.
- When you turn the steak, add the mushrooms and asparagus. Toss them around while you wait for the steak to cook.
- Plate up, add salt to taste.
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
- fat loss
- maximum nutrient density
- low carb & blood sugar
- blood sugar & fat loss
- high protein:energy ratio
- egg & dairy-free
- autoimmune paleo
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.