It doesn’t get any simpler than the American classic ‘steak n’ eggs’ to provide a hearty, protein-packed meal.
Whether it be the lack of inflammatory foods, minimal carbohydrates, or bioavailable protein, more and more people swear by the benefits of consuming an animal-based or carnivorous diet.
Even better, eating this way requires minimal preparation and effort!
This recipe has a very high protein-to-energy ratio, meaning it will keep you feeling full for longer and suppress your appetite.
Avoid overcooking your steak and eggs to ensure you get the most nutrients from this meal. Instead, aim for slightly runny yolks and a medium-rare or medium steak instead of one cooked medium-well or well. This helps protect the delicate, heat-sensitive vitamins in your proteins from damage.
If you’re headed off for a big day where you’ll be expending a ton of energy, adding in small amounts of unprocessed, fibrous carbohydrates can fuel your activity. Spices like garlic, pepper, and herbs are other low-calorie add-ins that add flavour and nutrient value.
- 150 g sirloin steak
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a frypan to medium/high heat and add the steak.
- The general rule is 3 – 4 minutes a side, but if your steak is very thin or thick, you will have to judge how long it needs to cook.
- Add eggs when you turn the steak, and cook the egg to your liking, flipping if you want to.
- Plate up the cooked steak and eggs.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.