Steak & Eggs
It doesn’t get much simpler than steak and eggs for a hearty protein-packed meal. More and more people these days swear by the benefits of a carnivorous way of eating that provides plenty of bioavailable protein with less processed carbohydrates and fewer inflammatory foods.
This recipe has a very high protein to energy ratio, which will keep you feeling full and suppress your appetite.
The steak provides B3, B6, B12, iron and zinc while the eggs boost the B2, B5, and selenium as well as a little vitamin A, folate and iron.
One serve provides 380 calories, 56 g protein, 16 g fat and 1 g of net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 150 g sirloin steak
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a frypan to a medium/high heat and add the steak.
- The general rule is 3 – 4 minutes a side, but if your steak is very thin or thick, you will have to judge how long it needs to cook.
- Add eggs when you turn the steak, cook the egg to your liking, flipping if you want to.
- Plate up the cooked steak and eggs.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.