This recipe has been designed for a high protein-to-energy ratio to maximise satiety for quick fat loss while preserving precious muscle.
The spinach rounds out the nutrient profile with vitamins A, C and K, folate and potassium, while the mushrooms fill in the B5 and copper.
One serve provides 585 calories, 99 g protein, 15 g fat, 5 g of net carbs and P:E = 4.7.
- 1 large chicken breast (approx. 300 g)
- 120 g spinach, wilted from fresh
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 60 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp sour cream
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/350°F (bake).
- Use a sharp knife to cut a pocket into the side of each chicken breast. Set chicken aside.
- Add the nutmeg, garlic, salt and pepper to the spinach and stir so well mixed.
- Spoon the spinach mixture into the pocket of the chicken breast and place it on a baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes, turn and bake a further 20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- In the meantime, heat a small non-stick fry pan to medium heat. Spray with olive oil spray and saute mushrooms till soft.
- Add the sour cream and lemon zest, stir for 30 seconds and remove from heat.
- Slice the chicken breast and arrange it on a plate, top with the mushroom mixture, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.