Decadent spinach omelette
This omelette has been designed to provide a substantial amount of nutrients while keeping your blood sugars stable. The extra fat from the cheese gives a decadent taste.
Eggs provide plenty of bioavailable protein and nutrients while the spinach fills in some harder to find vitamins and minerals such as potassium and magnesium.
Nutritional yeast adds extra B vitamins and a cheesy flavour.
Sugar-free sweet chilli sauce and some of your favourite salt (e.g. sea salt or Lite Salt) will boost the taste.
One serve provides 520 calories, 40 g protein, 36 g fat and 5 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 50 g mozzarella cheese
- 5 large eggs
- 5 g nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp butter (for cooking)
- 100 g spinach, wilted
- Salt and pepper
- Heat omelette pan to medium heat and add butter.
- Mix eggs, nutritional yeast and cheese in a bowl.
- Wilt spinach (and optional mushrooms) in a non-stick pa
- Add beaten eggs to the frypan, use a wooden spoon to scramble. This speeds up the cooking.
- Add mushroom spinach mixture and cheese to one side of the eggs.
- Flip empty half over filled half and serve.
- Serve with salt, pepper and sweet chilli sauce to taste.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.