This omelette has been designed to provide a substantial amount of nutrients while keeping your blood sugars stable. The extra fat from the cheese gives a decadent taste.
Eggs provide plenty of bioavailable protein and nutrients while the spinach fills in some harder to find vitamins and minerals such as potassium and magnesium.
Nutritional yeast adds extra B vitamins and a cheesy flavour.
Sugar-free sweet chilli sauce and some of your favourite salt (e.g. sea salt or Lite Salt) will boost the taste.
One serve provides 520 calories, 40 g protein, 36 g fat and 5 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1 tsp butter (for cooking)
- 5 medium eggs
- 5 g nutritional yeast
- 100 g (3.5 oz) spinach, wilted
- 50 g (1.75 oz) mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Heat omelette pan to medium heat and add butter.
- Mix eggs, nutritional yeast and cheese in a bowl.
- Wilt spinach (and optional mushrooms) in a non-stick pa
- Add beaten eggs to the frypan, use a wooden spoon to scramble. This speeds up the cooking.
- Add mushroom spinach mixture and cheese to one side of the eggs.
- Flip empty half over filled half and serve.
- Serve with salt, pepper and sweet chilli sauce to taste.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.
How Can I Calculate My Nutrient Intake?
If you’re interested in checking if you’re getting just enough dietary phosphorus, you can check your nutrient profile using our Free 7-Day Nutrient Clarity Challenge.
Level Up Your Nutrient Density
To help you level up your nutrient density, we’ve prepared a Nutritional Optimisation Starter Pack to ensure you are getting plenty of all the essential nutrients from the food you eat every day.
The free starter pack includes:
- Maximum Nutrient Density Food List
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Recipe Book
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Meal Plan.
To get started today, all you have to do is join our new Optimising Nutrition Group here.
Once you join, you will find the Nutritional Optimisation starter pack in the discovery section here.