This is a super nutritious and delicious recipe that works for just about any goal.
The eggs provide choline, vitamin B5 and vitamin B2. Sardines boost omega 3 and vitamin B12 while spinach brings folate, vitamin A, vitamin K and manganese and the tomato breaks up the taste and fills in vitamin C.
One serve provides 550 calories, 46 g protein, 35 grams fat, 8 g net carbs and P:E = 1.1.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 2 medium eggs, boiled to your liking
- 1 medium tomato, cut into quarters
- 60 g bacon, diced
- 40 g sardines
- 40 g mushrooms, sliced
- 100 g spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a frypan to medium heat.
- Add the bacon and cook in its own fat until crispy, turning as necessary.
- Add the sardines and mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms are soft.
- Add spinach and stir so slightly wilted.
- Serve on a plate with the tomatoes and boiled eggs.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.
- maximum nutrient density
- nutrient-dense maintenance
- blood sugar & fat loss
- low carb & blood sugar
- athletes & bulking
How Can I Calculate My Nutrient Intake?
If you’re interested in checking if you’re getting just enough dietary phosphorus, you can check your nutrient profile using our Free 7-Day Nutrient Clarity Challenge.
Level Up Your Nutrient Density
To help you level up your nutrient density, we’ve prepared a Nutritional Optimisation Starter Pack to ensure you are getting plenty of all the essential nutrients from the food you eat every day.
The free starter pack includes:
- Maximum Nutrient Density Food List
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Recipe Book
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Meal Plan.
To get started today, all you have to do is join our new Optimising Nutrition Group here.
Once you join, you will find the Nutritional Optimisation starter pack in the discovery section here.