This is a super nutritious and delicious recipe that works for just about any goal. The bacon provides most of the energy and protein along with phosphorus, choline, selenium, B1 and B3.
The eggs provide choline, B5 and B2. Sardines boost the omega 3 and B12 while the spinach brings the folate, vitamin A, vitamin K and manganese and the tomato breaks up the taste and fills in the vitamin C.
One serve provides 550 calories, 46 g protein, 35 grams fat, 8 g net carbs and P:E = 1.1.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 2 medium eggs, boiled to your liking
- 1 medium tomato, cut into quarters
- 60 g bacon, diced
- 40 g sardines
- 40 g mushrooms, sliced
- 100 g spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a frypan to medium heat.
- Add the bacon and cook in its own fat until crispy, turning as necessary.
- Add the sardines and mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms are soft.
- Add spinach and stir so slightly wilted.
- Serve on a plate with the tomatoes and boiled eggs.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.
- maximum nutrient density
- nutrient-dense maintenance
- blood sugar & fat loss
- low carb & blood sugar
- athletes & bulking
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.