Marty’s Popeye Bowl
This breakfast bowl maximises nutrient density by combining a range of highly nutritious ingredients.
The mackerel provides protein, omega 3, B12, choline, calcium and selenium. The spinach provides folate, vitamin A, vitamin K, magnesium and potassium and the anchovies boost the copper, selenium and zinc.
The egg whites provide bioavailable protein with a high protein to energy ratio as well as B2 and selenium. The nutritional yeast brings a hit of B1, B2, B3 and B6 and a cheesy flavour.
One serve provides 370 calories, 57 g protein, 11 g fat, 4 g of net carbs and a P:E ratio of 5.0.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 80 g mackerel, canned, drained
- 250 g spinach, cooked from frozen
- 150 g egg whites only
- 40 g anchovies
- 5 g nutritional yeast
- Add frozen spinach to a microwave-proof bowl and cook on high for five minutes.
- Drain excess water.
- Add eggs whites and cook for a further three minutes.
- Add mackerel and anchovies.
- Add salt and nutritional yeast to taste.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.