In addition to ensuring you get adequate protein and micronutrients, adding some extra spice and flavour is a great way to hack your hunger and fullness signals.
Taragoshi is a small hot red Japanese chilli that you can get as a flavourful mix in a bottle at your supermarket. If you can’t find togarashi, you can your favourite spice or even some pickled ginger or fresh cilantro.
In addition to taste, this poke bowl is packed with protein from the tuna and crab, which also bring omega 3, selenium, vitamins A, B3, B5, B6, B12, C, D and K1.
Seaweed, kale and spinach are chock full of vitamin A, calcium, magnesium, iron and potassium. Avocado brings a luxurious fatty taste profile along with some folate and potassium.
One serve provides 550 calories, 57 g protein, 20 g fat, 6 g of net carbs and P:E 2.2.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 150 g (5.3 oz) tuna, raw, diced
- 50 g (1.8 oz) mixed greens
- 50 g (1.8 oz) seaweed, rehydrated
- 50 g (1.8 oz) avocado, diced
- 50 g (1.8 oz) cucumber, diced
- 50 g (1.8 oz) cooked crab meat
- Sprinkle of Togarashi spice mix
- Place avocado oil and coconut aminos in a small bowl and add the diced tuna, toss and set aside.
- Place the salad greens and seaweed in a bowl and top with avocado, cucumber, tuna and crab.
- Drizzle with a dash more avocado oil and coconut aminos and sprinkle over some Togarashi.
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
- fat loss
- maximum nutrient density
- low carb & blood sugar
- blood sugar & fat loss
- high protein:energy ratio
- egg & dairy-free
- cancer (weight loss & nutrient density)
- autoimmune paleo
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.