Spicy Mexican bowl (low fat)
The burrito bowl is a lunch staple for many because of their versatility. They are easy to make and taste amazing.
This spicy recipe is ideal as a quick low carb meal that keeps the added fat a little lower to increase satiety and help you lose weight.
The ground beef provides plenty of protein along with zinc, phosphorus, selenium, choline and B12 while the spinach fills in the vitamin A, K and folate.
The guacamole, sour cream and cheese provide some extra energy that will keep you going all day and ensure flat line blood sugars. But if your priority is fat loss then use a bit less.
One serve provides 475 calories, 47 g protein, 26 g fat and 8 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 150 g spicy ground meat (see next page for recipe)
- 30 g spinach
- 100 g tomato, diced
- 10 g coriander/cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp sour cream
- 10 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tsp guacamole (see next page for recipe)
- Salt, pepper and chilli sauce
- Add spicy meat, spinach, tomato and grated cheese to a bowl.
- Top with guacamole, sour cream and cilantro.
- Add chilli sauce if you like it spicy.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.