This versatile and tasty shrimp taco recipe is easy to whip up for a quick lunch or a casual dinner. Shrimp lettuce taco wraps pack a flawless combination of flavours and textures.
The shrimp provides heaps of lean protein along with zinc, selenium, phosphorus, copper, choline and B12. The lettuce, onion and peppers boost vitamin A, C, folate, B6 and potassium.
One serve provides 375 calories, 63 g protein, 5 g fat and 13 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 3 baby gem or cos lettuce leaves
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 270 g shrimp
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Zest and juice from a lime
- 40 g each of red, yellow, green bells peppers, sliced
- 40 g red onion, sliced
- Heat a frypan to a medium heat and add the coconut oil and shrimp.
- After they start to go pink, turn and cook the other side.
- Add garlic, chilli and zest of lime. Stir and cook for 30 seconds. Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Add peppers to the unwashed pan and cook for a few minutes until slightly soft but still crunchy.
- Top lettuce leaves with peppers, onions and shrimp, squeeze on lime juice.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.