This versatile and tasty shrimp taco recipe is easy to whip up for a quick lunch or a casual dinner. Shrimp lettuce taco wraps pack a flawless combination of flavours and textures.
One serve provides 375 calories, 63 g protein, 5 g fat, 13 g of net carbs and P:E = 3.2.
- 3 baby gem or cos lettuce leaves
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 270 g shrimp
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- Zest and juice from a lime
- 40 g each of red, yellow, and green bells peppers, sliced
- 40 g red onion, sliced
- Heat a frypan to medium heat and add the coconut oil and shrimp.
- After they start to go pink, turn and cook the other side.
- Add garlic, chilli and zest of lime. Stir and cook for 30 seconds. Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Add peppers to the unwashed pan and cook for a few minutes until slightly soft but crunchy.
- Top lettuce leaves with peppers, onions and shrimp, and squeeze on lime juice.