This simple shrimp and zoodles recipe is a delicious and satiating way to get your nutrients.
The shrimp provides heaps of bioavailable protein, omega 3, zinc, selenium, phosphorus, copper, choline, B12 and niacin while the zucchini fills in the potassium, manganese, magnesium, iron, calcium, vitamin C, A, folate, B6, B5, B1, and B2. The asiago cheese and seasoning round out the decadent flavour profile.
This recipe provides 460 calories, 75 g of protein, 8 g of fat and 22 g of net carbs. Because it’s so satiating this will make enough for two servings for most people.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 4 large zucchini (spiralised )
- 250 g shrimp
- 1 tsp salt
- juice of 1 lemon
- Shichimi Togarashi seasoning
- 8 g asiago cheese
- After spiralizing the zucchini (see instructions here), douse with a lot of salt and let sit in a colander for 30 min.
- Rinse well. This ensures the zucchini remains firm when stir-frying as all the moisture is removed.
- Add lemon juice to stir fry pan and heat until warm.
- Toss in shrimp and cook for a few minutes.
- Add zucchini noodles and cook until desired consistency ensuring not to overcook.
- Include shichimi togarashi in the last few minutes and toss evenly to coat zoodles.
- Remove from pan and add shaved Asiago cheese.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.
- maximum nutrient density
- fat loss
- blood sugar & fat loss
- high protein:energy
- egg free
- gluten free
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.