This simple shrimp and zoodles recipe is a delicious and satiating way to get your nutrients.
The shrimp provides heaps of bioavailable protein, omega 3, zinc, selenium, phosphorus, copper, choline, B12 and niacin while the zucchini fills in the potassium, manganese, magnesium, iron, calcium, vitamin C, A, folate, B6, B5, B1, and B2. The asiago cheese and seasoning round out the decadent flavour profile.
This recipe provides 460 calories, 75 g of protein, 8 g of fat and 22 g of net carbs. Because it’s so satiating this will make enough for two servings for most people.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 4 large zucchini (spiralised )
- 250 g shrimp
- 1 tsp salt
- juice of 1 lemon
- Shichimi Togarashi seasoning
- 8 g asiago cheese
- After spiralizing the zucchini (see instructions here), douse with a lot of salt and let sit in a colander for 30 min.
- Rinse well. This ensures the zucchini remains firm when stir-frying as all the moisture is removed.
- Add lemon juice to stir fry pan and heat until warm.
- Toss in shrimp and cook for a few minutes.
- Add zucchini noodles and cook until desired consistency ensuring not to overcook.
- Include shichimi togarashi in the last few minutes and toss evenly to coat zoodles.
- Remove from pan and add shaved Asiago cheese.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.
- maximum nutrient density
- fat loss
- blood sugar & fat loss
- high protein:energy
- egg free
- gluten free
How Can I Calculate My Nutrient Intake?
If you’re interested in checking if you’re getting just enough dietary phosphorus, you can check your nutrient profile using our Free 7-Day Nutrient Clarity Challenge.
Level Up Your Nutrient Density
To help you level up your nutrient density, we’ve prepared a Nutritional Optimisation Starter Pack to ensure you are getting plenty of all the essential nutrients from the food you eat every day.
The free starter pack includes:
- Maximum Nutrient Density Food List
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Recipe Book
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Meal Plan.
To get started today, all you have to do is join our new Optimising Nutrition Group here.
Once you join, you will find the Nutritional Optimisation starter pack in the discovery section here.