Shrimp and zucchini with garlic and asiago cheese
This simple shrimp and zoodles recipe is a delicious and satiating way to get your nutrients.
The shrimp provides heaps of bioavailable protein, omega 3, zinc, selenium, phosphorus, copper, choline, B12 and niacin while the zucchini fills in the potassium, manganese, magnesium, iron, calcium, vitamin C, A, folate, B6, B5, B1, and B2. The asiago cheese and seasoning round out the decadent flavour profile.
This recipe provides 460 calories, 75 g of protein, 8 g of fat and 22 g of net carbs. Because it’s so satiating this will make enough for two servings for most people.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
|Shrimp, Cooked from Fresh||250||g|
|Lemon Juice, Raw||1||fl oz|
|Shichimi Togarashi seasoning||1||Serving|
- After spiralizing the zucchini (see instructions here), douse with a lot of salt and let sit in a colander for 30 min.
- Rinse well. This ensures the zucchini remains firm when stir-frying as all the moisture is removed.
- Add lemon juice to stir fry pan and heat until warm.
- Toss in shrimp and cook for a few minutes.
- Add zucchini noodles and cook until desired consistency ensuring not to overcook.
- Include shichimi togarashi in the last few minutes and toss evenly to coat zoodles.
- Remove from pan and add shaved Asiago cheese.
- maximum nutrient density
- blood sugar & fat loss
- low carb & diabetes
- athlete & bulking
The ranking of this recipe is shown below. Click the links to see the highest-ranking recipes for each goal.