This recipe is versatile, colourful and comes packed with heaps of protein and flavourful nutrients.
The tuna steak will generously attend to your protein and omega 3 requirements as well as choline, phosphorus, selenium and vitamins B3, B5, B6 and B12.
The spinach provides plenty of folate, magnesium potassium and vitamins A, C and K along while the other ingredients come together to complement and boost the flavours to create a sumptuous meal that your family is sure to love.
One serve provides 455 calories, 62 g protein, 19 g fat, 4 g of net carbs and a protien:energy ratio of 3.4.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 100 g spinach, wilted
- 250 g tuna steak
- Scant amount of olive oil or spray
- 3 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 green olives
- 2 black olives
- a few springs of chives, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Drizzle of olive oil (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare salsa by combining all the ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Place the wilted spinach in the middle of a plate.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and add a scant amount of olive oil or spray with olive oil.
- When hot add the tuna steak and cook for 2 – 3 minutes, when there is a three quarter colour change in the tuna, turn and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Place the tuna on the spinach and top with the salsa.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.