This recipe is versatile, colourful, and packed with heaps of protein and flavourful nutrients.
The tuna steak will generously meet your protein and omega 3 requirements as well as those for choline, phosphorus, selenium, and vitamins B3, B5, B6, and B12.
The spinach provides plenty of folate, magnesium, potassium, and vitamins A, C, and K. The other ingredients blend to complement and boost the flavours and create a sumptuous meal that your family is sure to love.
One serve provides 455 calories, 62 g protein, 19 g fat, 4 g of net carbs and P:E = 3.0.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 100 g spinach, wilted
- 250 g tuna steak
- Scant amount of olive oil or spray
- 3 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 green olives
- 2 black olives
- a few springs of chives, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Drizzle of olive oil (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare salsa by combining all the ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Place the wilted spinach in the middle of a plate.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and add a scant amount of olive oil or spray with olive oil.
- When hot add the tuna steak and cook for 2 – 3 minutes, when there is a three quarter colour change in the tuna, turn and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Place the tuna on the spinach and top with the salsa.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.
- maximum nutrient density
- fat loss
- blood sugar & fat loss
- low carb & blood sugar
- athletes & bulking
- dairy free
- egg free
- gluten free
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.